Step 5: Delegating Onboarding to Team Lead
When you get your documents in order, you can easily pass of the onboarding process to someone on your team.
DOCUMENTS & MATERIALS
- Offer letter
- What do they need to succeed on first day
- Company swag
Onboarding Handbook (Different than operating manual)
- Quick reference guide to navigating behaviour and resources in your business
- Include references
- How are you taking communication out of email inbox
- Layout times you will review milestones, work product and deliver feedback
Training — how do team members know how to get the job done for your business?
- Create documents / videos walking team members through key steps needed for them to complete job (screenshots are very useful here)
- Create standard operating procedures that define every process in the same way, for quick and easy reference
- Describe vision, goals and KPIs of business to create transparency in growth #context
- Give acknowledgement #indoctrination #retention
- Review score cards – decrease management
- What’s working and what’s not working ↑efficiency
- Welcome letter/video that makes your client know that they have made the right decision + anything else needed to have them be a good behaving client
Team Score Card
Keep track of your onboarding team activity and results so you’re not chasing after them like a cat after a laser pointer.
Make sure you complete this step before moving on.
And if you’d like some help, drop us a line!
Want Proven PowerTools to Get Your Agency
Out of the Weeds & Scale Up, Faster?
Get instant access to tested resources for reliably and rapidly scaling your business —
including proven powertools to vastly improve Sales, Onboarding, Hiring and more…