**These reviews are based on over 20 years of working experience.
Pipedrive is one of our favorite lightweight sales CRMs. Recommended for individuals or small teams with less than 15 simultaneous ongoing reps. 80% of deals close in the follow-up and this mighty tool is designed around making the headache of follow-up go away. Manage contacts, deals, and tasks seamlessly with Pipedrive’s visual approach to customizing dashboards that highlight key metrics and trackers that monitor stages of a deal. Pipedrive’s features are best suited for businesses that rely heavily on email and phone communications.
- Essential ($15/user/m with pipeline customization, feature limitations, activity tracking)
- Advanced ($29/user/m with workflow automation, more email functionality with scheduling, open/click tracking, group emails)
- Professional ($59/user/m with more detailed reports including forecasting, increased email functionality and integrations)
- Enterprise ($119/user/m with security alerts & rules, phone support, unlimited features usage)
- Pandadoc integration is a thing of beauty for closing deals.
Pipedrive’s strong visualization of pipelines and customizable dashboards to view key metrics makes it easy to evaluate how you’re doing with one look. Its calendar integrations and extra functionality like invoice filing, email tracking, and call scheduling eliminate the need to use other software. The more advanced the plan you have, the more detailed the data analytics reports will be with forecasting and activities included.
Pipedrive’s strength lies in its sales capabilities, so look elsewhere if you are intending to use it as a marketing system to manage mass email campaigns. Although it offers basic workflow automations through triggered events, Pipedrive lacks conditional events. The user interface is very simple and it’s not as pretty as the other CRMs which sometimes means your reps will give it less action.
Google product users take note! Copper just might be your go-to customer relationship management system if you’re looking for a Google-centered tool that’s simple, yet effective. Small teams with straightforward sales pipelines can save time with Copper’s automatic data population features for contact management and tight integration with Google Data Studio for a smooth transition to keep you organized. Great for Solo to Small Sales Teams.
- Basic ($29/user/month, 3 seat limit, with 2,500 contact limit, limited integrations, 10 custom fields)
- Professional ($69/user/month with 15,000 contact limit, workflow automation, standard reporting, and multiple integrations)
- Business ($129/user/month with unlimited contacts, customizable email sequences, comprehensive reporting, and Google Data Studio integration)
- Zap new deals into your project management systems to kick off onboarding.
Copper’s strength in catering to Google applications lies in its ability to accurately populate contact data to minimize time spent on time-consuming data management tasks. With features already sitting within Gmail and a Chrome extension to support, onboarding is a breeze.
However, to truly utilize all the benefits of a powerful CRM, users need to shell out for the professional tier or higher to use popular integrations, send bulk emails, access reporting features, and automate workflows that the basic tier lacks. Costs can stack very quickly. And you’re out of luck if your business doesn’t use Google. The ability to use email templates leaves much to be desired.
For the Sales Team of 1. Lost emails? Out of control email threads? Can’t locate where that one email is? Streak could be your next customer relationship management (CRM) solution exclusively for Gmail or GSuite users. Streak organizes messy email threads into colorfully labeled pipelines and track conversation progress with timeline-like visuals. Solos who spend the majority of their time communicating via email benefit from Streak’s customizable workflows to track progress updates and ongoing conversations without missing a beat. Ditch the spreadsheet.
- Free (50 mail merge/day, email tracking, private pipelines, tasks, custom fields)
- Solo ($19/user/month with 800 mail merge/day, email support)
- Pro ($59/user/month, 1500 mail merge/day, basic permissions, reports, team email sharing)
- Don’t forget to follow up: use “snooze” function to remind you to revisit an email later.
Streak keeps all emails organized by using spreadsheet-like visuals to track the progress of your pipelines. Answer your burning curiosity of whether your recipient received your email with Streak’s email tracking function. Save precious time with mail merge to build personalized templates for mass emailing. If you’re easily forgetful, be sure to try out Streak’s
Non-Gmail or GSuite users will be disappointed as Streak only works with Google products, so Outlook users will need to search for an alternative. Streak also lacks the capability of inputting workflow rules that automate sending emails when certain conditions are met. The mobile also app loads slowly and feels clunky, so you’ll have better luck sticking to the web version. Overall, individuals get more out of the free version compared to teams who have to commit to the paid plans to get a taste of the collaboration features.
Monday.com breathes new life into the meaning of task management for visual learners and creative agencies in design or video production with stunning colors and visuals to keep track of progress. Creative agencies or large teams of visual learners can ease into project management with ready-made templates to help you reach your ideal workflow in a few clicks. Streamline communication, automate repetitive tasks, and customize collaborative workspaces to check tasks off so you can focus on the next game-changing idea.
- Free Individual (you + 1 other individual with 5GB storage, 1 board per dashboard, lead assignment, sharable forms)
- Basic ($8/seat/month with 5GB storage, unlimited maximum # of seats, customer project management)
- Standard ($10/seat/month with 20GB storage, 2-way email sync, forms customization, 250 automation actions/month)
- Pro ($16/seat/month with time tracking, 100GB storage, commission management, dependency & formula columns, 25,000 automation actions/month)
- Use automations to deploy daily, weekly and monthly tasks easily
Monday.com is perfect for your inner creativity to run wild with highly customizable options and colors to create your personalized workflow. Lost? Go shopping in the template section to spark ideas and see how to max out Monday.com‘s features. Stay on the same page with your team to keep track of project progress and take advantage of the automation feature to save time on repetitive tasks.
Sadly actually useful project management features like time tracking and dependencies are gated behind more expensive plans. Cheaper plans are better suited for freelancers or small teams using this tool for its basic features. Higher-tiered plans offer better functionality that caters more to project management needs, yet the costs can deter some from even starting out.
Click UpPROJECT MANAGEMENT
ClickUp is a suitable project management contender for teams of more than 10 that deal with complex and highly detailed projects. ClickUp’s diverse functionalities support agencies dealing with a lot of moving parts that need detailed task breakdowns, delegation, and automation to keep projects on schedule. Manage teams by consolidating reports to track progress, set goals, and get a pulse to see who’s working on what.
- Free (comprehensive features including reporting)
- Unlimited ($9/member/m – greater integration options, widgets, spreadsheet column calculations)
- Business ($19/member/m – timesheets, added security, publicly share everything view)
- Business Plus ($29/member/m) – team sharing, custom permissions, priority support)
- Use dashboards for recurring team and client meetings to be able to projectize right from text.
ClickUp’s wallet-friendly pricing and robust free tier features give you a chance to try before you buy (if ever!). Notable features include document integration within tasks, native time tracking, recurring tasks function, and tasks and comments user assignation. The “Goals” function is perfect for goal-orientated individuals who are keen to periodically track measurable actions and engage your team in the overall future direction.
At first glance, ClickUp can be overwhelming and cumbersome with so many customizable functions. The steep learning curve to understanding and content organization can also be time-consuming to figure out. Keep in mind Clickup’s automation lacks relationship triggers and does not have budgeting features.
Great internal knowledge base for growing teams who want less static documentation and more of a searchable, breathable, updatable engine for the organization. Meet GetGuru, your one-stop shop to centralize and manage internal knowledge to onboard new employees as well as keep current ones updated with SOPS, Protocols & Communication guidelines. Upgrade from Google Sites or Notion to consolidate information across all departments so everyone stays on the same page.
- Starter Free (up to 3 core users)
- Starter Paid ($5/user/m for 4+ users)
- Builder ($10/user/m with analytics, API access, advanced permissions, alerts)
- Expert ($20/user/m with ticket linking, AI text suggestions)
- Download the GetGuru extension and link it to a Slack channel to prevent information from falling through the cracks.
The best thing about it is it doesn’t let the documentation get stale o clusrterf%cky because every three months it asks you to verify it, it highlights duplicates, and when there is something new or updated it tells your team! The clean UX and search bar function pulls out keywords to let you find what you need quickly.
Depending on the size of your team, GetGuru’s 5 levels of information hierarchy could cause a nesting disaster or provide just enough structure. The wiki tool is not suitable as an FAQ platform for external-facing clients. If you are a design dive, the branding options are super limited and there is no indexing to a table of contents. 😠
Notion is a hyper-customizable workspace suitable for freelancers and small teams craving a minimalist, fussy-free UX interface. It’s like Legos for your business. The block-styled approach with rich text editing, multiple view options, and interlinking pages gives you the freedom to organize and visualize information. Notion is ideal for freelancers to organize their own tasks and for small teams to build an internal knowledge database.
- Personal (free)
- Personal Pro ($5/m with unlimited guests & file uploads)
- Team ($10/user/m with collaborative workspace, sharing permissions, unlimited team members)
- Log and track changes made to Notion by creating a Zapier to Slack channel (if using Notion as an internal knowledge database).
Once you overcome the learning curve and familiarize yourself with the available functions, Notion is effective individual task and content management with versatile features for creating a workspace tailored to your working style. The option to turn a page into a public webpage is outstanding for sharing content to the public and onboarding for new employees. The web clipper Chrome extension helps you save important webpages to your notes.
Notion is a better fit as an internal knowledge database, instead of being used as a project management tool! It lacks reporting, change management, and time-tracking features to keep track of team progress. Teams need to know how to architect their information before starting or risk their knowledge database becoming disorganized. Once teams start growing, look elsewhere for an internal knowledge base as this does not have approval processes, change management, or version control.