In the fast-paced world of digital agencies where innovation and efficiency reign, a unique dynamic duo is always steering the ship of success. We are talking about- a visionary and an integrator.
Let's explain this simply:
A visionary has a mind overflowing with groundbreaking ideas.
On the side of a visionary is an integrator: the epitome of flawless execution, turning those visionary dreams into tangible realities.
Together, a visionary and an integrator form the most successful digital agencies in the industry using the rocks framework.
Before you ask: No! These aren't the usual geographical rocks.
These rocks act as catalysts enabling agencies to soar to unprecedented productivity levels.
Okay. That's a lot, you might think.
Well, read more and let's consider how Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) Smart rocks are constructed. We will also learn how to get EOS rocks to work for our digital agency, and what is an integrator's job.
Ready? Here we go!
What Are EOS Rocks?
Well, simply put, EOS rocks are comprehensive business management systems designed to help entrepreneurs and leadership teams achieve their vision and drive organizational success.
In the EOS framework, "rocks" refer to specific priorities or critical tasks an agency must accomplish within 90 days.
Yes! It's like a 90-day challenge!
You must have heard about or seen the analogy of putting stones, smaller rocks, and sand in a jar. They can all fit in the jar if we start by adding big rocks, then smaller rocks, and lastly, sand. If we start with sand and lastly add rocks, they won't fit in the jar.
So what's that gotta do with EOS?
Well, the idea is that if we prioritize and tackle the most important tasks (the big rocks) first, the smaller tasks (smaller rocks and sand) will fit in around them, ensuring that we address all essential activities.
Easy, right? But how do we do that in terms of business? Let's talk about that below.
How Are Rocks Constructed?
As a digital agency, rocks are the key objectives or goals that the project managers, leadership, and teams must focus on for growth and productivity during each quarter.
To construct rocks, as a team leader, we should bring the team together to discuss the organization's long-term goals so that everyone understands the company's direction.
Based on our digital agency's smart goals, our team should identify the most critical priorities for the upcoming quarter. These priorities become the rocks for that quarter.
Since rocks can be overwhelming, try to break them into smaller tasks to make them more manageable so that team members tasked with the rocks can achieve them.
Each rock should also have someone specifically responsible for its execution for clear accountability and commitment to achieve the set objectives.
Team leaders should meet regularly throughout the quarter to review progress on the rocks, suggest different ways to handle rocks that seem not progressing, and provide needed support to stay on track. And at the end of each quarter, pop champagne to celebrate the achievements related to the rocks!
How Do You Get Rocks to Work For Setting Goals Within a Business?
So how can each rock work to achieve proper workflows within an agency?
To successfully implement EOS rocks in a business, ensure the rocks are limited in number, preferably about three to seven.
As a project manager, be wary of having too many priorities in a given quarter, as this will only derail the essential rocks in your agency!
So, as a visionary new business owner with lots of ideas, we must implement them in quarters to achieve success.
Rocks For Business
Here are some Smart rocks EOS Examples:
- 10 days of a comprehensive training program for all employees.
- Achieve a 50% increase in sales revenue over the next quarter. This specific goal or rock could involve expanding the customer base, launching targeted marketing campaigns, or upselling to existing clients.
- Improve CRM by reducing the average response time for customer support inquiries.
Rocks For Divisions or Departments
To ensure that our divisions and departments are aligned with the rocks' goals, we can do the following steps:
- Set up rocks at the very beginning of a project.
- Be ready to devote some of our time at the start of a project to make sure all rocks will be well-managed throughout the project.
Rocks For Teams
Ensure these priorities are S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound.) These rocks can be:
- Increase team productivity by 20%
- Achieve 95% customer satisfaction rating:
- Enhance team collaboration:
- Reduce project turn-around time
Rocks For Individuals
Individual rocks should be tailored to meet our personal interests and overall life goals. Examples can include:
- Achieve work-life balance in the next quarter. Set a rock to implement specific strategies, such as setting boundaries, time management, and self-care practices.
- Start a side business. Set a rock to launch a business at a specific time.
- Participate in a marathon. Set a rock to start training in time to be ready for the marathon.
- Travel to a particular destination. Set a rock to save a specific amount of money to cater for the trip.
Next, how does an integrator work, and what is an integrator person?
EOS Smart Rocks and the Integrator
An integrator is a person who works with project management, systems, processes, and business and supports the Visionary to get everything accomplished.
What is an integrator role?
Integrators often handle the complexities of the business, resolving issues and aligning the team around the company's goals. An agency Integrator's 90-day report and achievement are often more focused on the business's operations, ensuring the company operates efficiently and effectively.
But why are they important?
Integrators are key in harmoniously integrating people, processes, and operations. The Integrator and the Visionary orchestrate the execution of Smart rocks, ensuring that the organization's strategic aspirations translate into tangible results.
Agency integrators are constantly communicating with agent customers, checking carrier data, underwriting loan financials, tracking insurance transactions, creating comprehensive reports, and streamlining workflows. They also ensure they implement strong password policies and regular updates to enhance cybersecurity and protect the company's sensitive data.
In short, that's how to become an integrator!
How Do I Make Sure I Don't Jerk My Team From One Idea to Another?
- Establish a clear and well-defined vision for our team.
- Avoid setting overly ambitious or constantly changing goals, and set realistic, achievable milestones that align with our long-term vision.
- Encourage open communication and involve our team in decision-making processes.
In case of any changes, let your team members know why, the benefits, and how it aligns with the overall vision. If we need to explore new ideas or initiatives, consider piloting them on a smaller scale before going big on the project.
Pitfalls For Not Completing Rocks
Setting rocks involves allocating resources, time, and effort towards specific goals. Not completing them means these resources might have been misdirected, wasting time and money.
Another pitfall is that it becomes challenging to make comprehensive case management reports making it harder to assess what is working and what needs improvement.
- The successful implementation of EOS Smart rocks, combined with a strong focus on technology, has proven instrumental in driving progress and achieving strategic goals within organizations.
- By utilizing the EOS framework and setting clear and measurable priorities, businesses can effectively track case status, ensuring timely and data-driven decision-making.
- Leveraging tech with EOS Smart rocks empowers teams to optimize processes, improve efficiency, and adapt to changing market dynamics.
- The EOS Smart rocks 30-day cycle provides organizations with agility, enabling them to stay responsive to emerging opportunities and challenges, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and agency growth.
Ready to go the next level? Take this free assessment now and discover how much your agency can grow!