Juliana, “Where do I put all this documentation?”
You are hiring people or want to be and in order to delegate current responsibilities, you have to make sure this new Rockstar can actually do their job without a bunch of hand holding. In order to do this, you need to train. You might be thinking you need to upgrade from google sheets or dropbox for your instructions, operating procedures or documentation to be able to train others. You may be in a couple of positions
- I’ve got nada
- I got a bunch of docs but they were updated in the stone age
- I got docs but they are all over the place and when I onboard someone I’d rather give verbal instructions because it’s faster than finding where I put stupid the doc (tear)
- I’ve reached enlightenment and am going through all of my processes to create a business that exists without me (ohhhh yeah baby)
What is Google Sites & Why Build Intranet With It?
Google workspace apps are more than just gmail inbox, google docs, google drive, google maps, google spreadsheets, google forms, or google calendar. Google apps offer hundreds of workspace and personal productivity application including Google site app that you can use not only public facing new google sites but also company intranet google sites for your company’s internal operations. Why should you use google workspace for collaboration tools:
- Google workspace is used by many organizations already. Internal communications and collaboration is only one side of the coin. The second side of the coin is collaborating with people outside your company such as clients, suppliers, and other third parties.
- Similarly, many people are are familiar with google account tools. As such, people will most likely use tools that are already familiar with.
- Google communication tools improve employee collaborations. With a lot of employees now working remotely, having team members on the same page has become even more important. You can add suite users to your workspace account and also opt to control access through sharing settings.
- Increased data storage and security. Google sites intranet can provide unlimited cloud storage on Google Drive. There is a lot of room for a business to grow; however, this is an option that is appropriate for businesses of any size and can provide impactful team sites and suite integration is seemless with other g suite apps.
What’s an easy, accessible, affordable way to house your docs?
An intranet or wiki of sorts.
ScaleTime Hack: if you live in the google suites world, google.sites
You want to set up your hierarchy and create pages in terms of your core procedures ie. sales, marketing, onboarding clients, client fulfillment, team hiring and onboarding.
Think about this as your future teams. When you delegate you can delegate a whole section to a team.
Adding a page is easy
You can set up your sub pages as particular recurring tasks and instructions inside that procedure.
It looks cleaner if the information goes directly into the instruction pages.
If you already have things written in other docs – you can easily copy paste into the page that you are creating.
For training purposes, insert video or maps to make faster to delegate.
Bonus Tip: Insert link to the specific page when you add your task in workflow templates in your project manager. This will allow team members to always have a reference point to click on and make life easier as training and resources are a click away.